How To Take A Great Photo
Location & Background
- Choose a location where your pet will be relaxed
- Get down at eye level with your pet
- Remove distracting things in the background
- Generally, the more natural light, the better, and typically having the light source (the sun) behind you makes a better photo, too.
- Photograph against a color that contrasts with his/her coat (i.e., if your pet has dark fur, photograph them against a light background and vice-versa)
It's in the eyes
- Focus on your pet's eyes
- Avoid photographing in low light situations where flash is required (and makes animals' eyes glow); instead, use natural light whenever possible
Patience is a virtue
- Hang in there; it may take some time to get a great shot!
- Enlist a helper to squeak toys near your camera to get your pet to look at the camera