Contest is open to legal residents of the US who are at least 18 years old. Anyone under the age of 18 must have permission from a parent or guardian to enter.Please do not use profanity, foul language or offensive gestures. Any photo deemed unsuitable will be removed from the contest.Under no circumstances will entrants' full name, address, email address or other identifying information be shared, sold or exchanged.
You must own the rights to the photograph you are entering.
Digitally altered photos are not allowed.
Photos may not be embellished with art or text.
Photos may contain more than one animal. However, photos may not contain human subjects (we have made exceptions to this rule in the past due to the nature of the story of the pet. We recommend asking before entering if your photo contains a human subject).
Once entered, photos become the property of Solano County Friends of Animals and may be used for print and marketing purposes.
- You may vote for your own entry.
- All voters must purchase a minimum of five (5) votes per transaction ($5 donation). There is a discount for purchasing 26 or more votes in a single transaction.
- Votes can be cast for any entry. Voters do not have to use all their votes a the time of donation. You can store votes in your account to use at a later time.
- Yes, you can vote for your own photo!
- Donations are non-refundable and tax deductible.
- 13 winners will be selected based on the total number of votes received.
- The overall winner will be featured on the cover of the 2022 Solano County Friends of Animals Community Calendar and receive 3 complimentary calendars.
- The 11 Runner-ups will become our featured monthly pet in our calendar. The top three runner-ups will be able to choose which month their entry will be featured (they will choose in the order that they finished). The remaining 8 runner-ups will be placed in the calendar by the calendar committee. All 11 runner-ups will receive a complimentary calendar.
- If there is a tie, the SCFOA community calendar committee will vote for the winner.
- Winners will be announced the day after the contest ends on our website (scfoarescue.org) and on the Solano County Friends of Animals Facebook page. Winners will also be contacted by email.
- Winners may be asked to re-submit their entry if more resolution is needed for printing.